Friday, December 14, 2012

12/21/12 Three Days of Darkness

       Every time you turn on the TV lately you hear about the Mayans predicting the end of the world. If that is true i only have 12 hours to live, but i don't believe anything will happen. However i decided to stay up and wait the last 12 hours out, you know just in case.
       i fell asleep while trying to stay up but hey i woke up guess nothing happened. I got out of bed and checked my phone. It said it was 11 a.m. but when i looked outside it was pitch black. I went downstairs and saw my family huddled around the living room watching the news. I asked what was going on and my mom told me that because of some planet alignment we were going to have 3 days of darkness. So i thought hmm strange but whats the big deal that just gives me 3 days to sleep. 
        It was the 2nd day of the 3 days of darkness and nothing bad had happened. I went downstairs to watch the news to see if anything had happened. The first thing that came up was that people were panicking, and were starting to rob and loot stores. Hearing this my family knew we had to watch out for people trying to break into the house and robbing us. 
      It was the 3rd day and what was believed to be the last day of darkness, and on the news it said that their were over a thousand deaths from people being robbed and stores being looted. The light finally came back around midday and i must say it did not affect my life even a tiny bit. Although i will have to say it was the most interesting thing i have lived through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment