Sunday, December 9, 2012

My life As a Squirrel

As a squirrel, there are not many things I can do. Mostly I scam old people into feeding me. All they give me though is berries and nuts. Not even good nuts either, but walnuts. After I've gotten my fill, I scamper off down the road to the old oak tree. I am behind on food for the winter months and I'm unsure if I will be able to make it through the cold, frigid winter. As I was just about to go into my hole I heard a noise. What could it be? Another squirrel? An owl? I slowly peeked around the edge and came face to face with an owl! "Don't be afraid" the owl said, "I won't hurt you." I decided I'd be brave and try to befriend the owl so I slowly crept into the hole and stared up at the large owl. He didn't seem so bad but i decided maybe i should just stay away for now. When I woke up in the morning I was surprised to find that my nut stash had doubled! I knew right away that the Mr. Owl had done it. I knew that I would survive the winter with the help and protection of my new friend Mr. Owl.

No comments:

Post a Comment